Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance

  The passing of the great "Macho Man" Randy Savage was taken hard by those with Slim Jim's in their belly.  Who can forget the "Ooh yeah!" and his "Pomp and Circumstance" ring entrance. I was not a fan of wrastlin, but I remember friends of mine talking about the going ons' of the wrastlin world with true conviction that this was real.  This was the first soap opera for guys.  But what really freaked me out is when I started to look around at all the different wrastlers of that era.  These guys personal lives were much MUCH more intresting than what was going on in the ring.  But that is neither here nor there. But anyways its always a shame when someone that you remember from your childhood has a heart attack and crashes into a tree.  I'm sad we will not get the follow up to Savages' "Be A Man" rap album. 





No comments:

Post a Comment