Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Radio

   I like me some music.  From the smooth jazz offerings of Cannibal Corpse to the screaming death ballads of The Black Keys.  I generally enjoy most musical offerings that don't suck. Now I have heard some say that the music industry is doomed.  From illegal downloading to putting out unoriginal music that all sounds the same.  Now I can agree on both accounts.  But what I think really is killing the music industry is the radio.  With the exception of a few public access stations (89.3 KNON in the DFW area is awesome) its basically the same radio station from coast to coast.  If you listen to, lets say a rock station, in New York then  travel to California I can almost guarantee that the station will have the same songs, same sounding host, and same dribble we hear in Texas.  That is just retarded.  Why are you playing the same song across the country three times in the same hour?  Its the lack of musical availability to the masses that is killing music.  People want to hear something new or unheard of.  One of the best feelings is finding out about a band that rocks your dick off before they make it big and change their sound to be better tailored for mass consumption.  Maybe this is just me thinking this but if the powers that be would just put up more of a musical offering on their stations then maybe it would not be so bad for them and us after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment